Header Ads

The hgtv blog : Great African-American Designers: Sheila Bridges

design-star-sheila-bridges175x175

Let Sheila Bridges help you turn your design daydreams into reality. Named “America’s Best Interior Designer” by CNN and Time Magazine, she has designed offices for former presidents and been named one of House Beautiful‘s Top 100 designers. Sheila hosted four seasons of Sheila Bridges: Designer Living on our sister network, Fine Living, and continues to reach new audiences with her 2002 book, Furnishing Forward (also out in paperback). She has also designed fabric, bedding, wallpaper and plates featuring her Harlem Toile de Jouy pattern. Check out what Sheila had to say about her sought-after design.

What’s your favorite design style?
I love classic furnishings combined with modern art, as well as mixing antiques or old furniture with newer, more contemporary pieces.
What’s the essential home accessory (or piece of furniture) you use in your designs?
Side chairs and ottomans are my favorites because of the flexibility they offer a room.
What’s your favorite vacation spot?
I don’t have one specific vacation spot. I love to travel and try to visit at least one new place a year for inspiration! Morocco, Paris, Havana and Buenes Aires are some of my favorites.
Show us a picture of the room you most enjoyed designing and tell us why you love it.
I enjoyed decorating this room (which is the dining room in my guest cottage) because I got to play around with my Harlem Toile De Jouy wallpaper and these colorful Fornasetti chairs. I love mixing antique pieces with more contemporary things in the same space, even if it is small.

design-star-shiela-bridges-dining-room291x400
Sheila’s Hudson Valley dining room

design-happens-bridges-toile-green
One of Bridges’ Harlem Toile designs

No comments

Powered by Blogger.